Paris -- A Wedding Photographer's Love Story with the City of Lights & Love

 I’ve always wanted to have a photo-shoot in Paris. I had dreamt up different ideas for while we were there but Paris turned out to be where we would continue to celebrate our anniversary. It felt like a second honeymoon. Before even booking our trip and Paris, I had always wanted to have a shoot with a client or model in a ball gown with the tower of corse, cheesey I know. But it’s the Eiffel tower and I am such a hopeless romantic. 

Something so whimsical about wearing a ball gown in one of the most romantic cities. Also pretty dang amazing to have my husband be game for all of my crazy ideas. We watched the sunrise over the Seine River. We sat on top of the bridge ‘Pont de Bir-Hakeim’ - the sun was behind the tower and the water of the Seine didn’t have a single ripple, it was quiet and still. It’s one of my most favourite memories of our time in Paris. 

We walked back to our hotel that morning and sat at a cafe near the tower and I enjoyed my favourite - croque madame in my dress, with my husband. It felt super surreal and silly, and I loved it. Later that night we took our macarons from Pierre & Laudree, a bottle of Moet, and a blanket to the gardens of the Eiffel Tower and watched the lights come on. We had Edith Piaf playing watching the sunset. It was perfect, I was so present and in that moment. Paris will always have a special place in my heart.

When we first got to Paris, I was in love immediately. But then everything I kept planning, kept falling through. It wasn’t turning out, there were challenges and well travel exhaustion. I was so nervous about Paris. Was it built up? Was it going to be as romantic or magical as I dreamt up? Was Paris over glamourized? Paris taught me to truly just let go. We would 'flâner' and Paris would bring its magic to us. I learned to be present not perfect and that is where the magic was. And every time I felt I just went with it, everything kept becoming so very serendipitous. Paris you certainly will always have my heart. 

Edith Piaf - La Vie En Rose, played on repeat while we walked to the tower, Thank you Verlon Mundall for indulging me when I'm an uber cheese ball. Thank you for spoiling me, I feel so damn lucky. I'm sorry if I don't tell you enough, love. 

xoxo,

Ashley

For behind the scenes visit my instagram:




paris wedding photographer, destination paris, wedding photos, paris wedding, eiffel tower wedding, romance in paris, destination wedding france, vancouver wedding photographers, vancouver weddings, elopement in paris, elopement photographer in paris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love the photos - please comment!

Archive